Sat, Oct 07|
Step into the world of Bohemian creativity! Join us in a unique workshop where you'll craft your very own incense stick holder, create a stunning macramé rainbow, and blend your personalized tea. Immerse yourself in the boho vibes and let your artistic spirit soar. Don't miss it!
Time & Location
Oct 07, 2023, 5:00 PM
Las Vegas, 1401 S Commerce St, Las Vegas, NV 89102, USA
About the Event
Merge is a collaborative series of workshops from Las Vegas businesses, curated and hosted by Koki Design. The Merge - Bohemian Series consists of 3 workshops to make and take home: Pottery - Incense Holder, Macrame Rainbow, and Tea Blends.
1. Ceramic Incense Holder from @stuckonpottery: Learn about the process of creating a ceramic piece from local artist, Alexis Singer. Alexis specializes in making handmade ceramics with experimental skills in glazing and glass application. In this 30-minute workshop, you will:
Learn about the behind the scenes of how a lump of clay becomes a functional item! You will be glazing a pre-made incense holder that Alexis has thrown on the wheel. Then, you will be provided an assortment of colored recycled glass pieces to apply to the center of the burner. By the end of this workshop, you will have created a beautiful one-of-a-kind ceramic incense holder!
Note: All glazed incense burners will have to placed into a glaze fire for 8 hours, reaching over 2200 degrees. This portion will be completed by Alexis. The finished pieces will be available to pick up from Good Karma Apothecary approximately 1-2 weeks following the workshop. Participants will be notified when the incense holders are available for pick up!
2. Macramé Rainbow from @kokidesignlv: This workshop is great for macramé beginners! You’ll learn how to make a small macramé rainbow which can be hung on a rearview mirror or wall. When you get to this station, you will choose your colors for your 3 tier rainbow and Kori will guide you through the 25 minute assembly.
3. Tea Blending from @catalyst_tea_company: Join us for a cup of tea and a mini-workshop, during which you will:
- Learn how to create your own tea blends and herbal infusions.
- Get to know the history and traditional uses of over a dozen herbs.
- Make and try several tea blends.
- Create your own blend to take home with you.
This series will be hosted at Good Karma Apothecary, located in the Arts District. Come early and shop the boutique!
Reserve your spot as space is limited. With your ticket, you will learn from all 3 makers, as well as receive a package of incense sticks from Good Karma, goodies (movie tickets to The Beverly Theater, handmade items from local makers, etc.) and discounts from other local businesses. One ticket is for one person. Tickets can not be shared. Minimum age requirement: 13 years old.